Thursday 4 April 2013

On the Road: Thoughts and Finds

I spent six hours in the car today driving from my home in New York to my home in Ottawa (sounds glamorous huh? trust me, not so much). So much driving time allows for lots of thinking and, if you're lucky, some interesting finds. Gave a lot of thought today to current quilt projects and planned ones. I think I may have to re-visit the Baby Bella Quilt top, not sure, keep you posted.

the Catskills I left behind today
I also had a find! On a planned stop to JoAnn's fabrics (before I crossed the border where they do not exist - please come to Canada!) to buy supplies I found the March/April edition of quilty magazine.


This is my second time buying quilty and it is has quickly become a favorite. For $5 you get over 10 patterns, all of which are geared towards "fresh patchwork and modern quilts". The patterns read easily and I could see me making 90% of them! A couple of my favorites



The finds did not stop once I reached my driveway (and unpacked the car). An e-mail from Stash Club told me I could expect a warm and sunny bundle this month. Check out all of these yellows


Not a regret in the world about joining this club. None!

I also started a chat on line with a  friend about a photo that I pinned yesterday. I now have a weekend sewing project!


 

Any finds for you today? and do you have a favorite quilting / craft / sewing  magazine?
I am full of questions today! 
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment