So at least I am hear just a month late! My big project at work is starting to slow down, so I am finally home, having some quality time with my sewing machine (and my very own bed!). Being on London Ontario for the last four months has been a huge learning experience. But now I want to do some more learning with fabric and thread :)
So, after much turkey and all of the fixings I am at the machine today catting up on some unfinished projects and maybe starting a new one (cross your fingers!).
So what did I catch up on you ask? Stash Bee Blocks!
A Wonky Log Cabin - this block was fun and easy to make. Even though I know this is meant to be a stash busting bee, I am always worried the fabrics that I pick will match with the other participants. But from the in progress picture below, it fit right in.
A Dresden - All I can say about this block is AGGRAVATION! I invested in a new Dresden ruler to make life easier, but after two tries I could not get the block to "close" without significant puckering. The worst part is that I am not sure what I was doing wrong. I ended up sending this block (such as it was), and a lot of extra fabric so that the hive leader for the month could make another...
A Flower - This is October's block and I am not going to lie, it freaked me out! Design a flower in my head and then make it! Crazy talk. But some exploring on flicker, I found some inspiration and off I went. It was very simple and I got a chance to play around with the applique stitches on my machine which was fun.
Come visit again to see who won!
Post a Comment