I am thrilled with this quilt. It is one of those "I have been holding on to these scraps forever because I love them and now I finally did something with them" quilts. I know you have those too.I have blogged about the creation of this quilt here, here and here
I was a little nervous of the sashing color I chose, but ultimately the neutral background makes those stamps pop!
My irrational fear of free motion quilting continues on, but I wanted to finish this off with something opposite to the straight lines of the stamp blocks, so I chose a scalloped stitch on my machine. The quilting looks lovely and after the wash there is a nice soft crinkle.
During this project I found the "Wonder clip". Where have you been all my life? I love these things. An excellent investment. I bought mine here at Bloomerie
Orange with white Polk a dots finish this quilt nicely and the backing magically worked with all of the colors on the top.
I am in love with this finish. After washing it got deliciously soft which I think will be wonderful for a night on the couch with a movie.
Here is the listing for this Postage Stamp Quilt:
- 100% Cotton quality quilting cottons on the top, back and binding
- 100% Cotton Batting
- Measurements: 57 inches x 75 inches*;
- Binding has been machine stitched for extra durability
- Machine washable, line drying is preferred, but tumble drying is also an option
- New and unused, it was made and is kept in a smoke-free home
- This quilt is exactly as pictured and is ready for shipping.
- Price: $ 175 CAD
A quilt is a thoughtful gift. This size quilt will be great for a cozy throw, wall hanging, or a drape on a chair or bed.
If you are interested in this quilt you can leave a comment here with your e-mail address and I will contact you directly or you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please be sure to get out your tape measure to help visualize the actual size of the quilt to avoid any disappointment.
Thank you for stopping by