Sunday 19 May 2013

See you later Roxbury

I have been missing in action. Well, I mean I know where I have been, but maybe you didn't. I have been spending my very last week in beautifull Roxbury, New York before I move my butt home to Nova Scotia. My husband has lived here for 17 years, and when we hooked up again (after a 15 year absence) I started monthly journeys from Ontario to the Catskills to live our married life. Now it is time for us to make a move and live together (who knew!).


My husband and I take a walk through the spring Catskills forest behind our house
I am pretty darned sad this week. I have loved coming here. The Catskills mountains are beautiful and I have met some amazing people, some who have become very close friends. I am very grateful for all that I have seen and done in this quaint part of the world.


I had some lovely birthday celebrations with my husband and our Friends this week, but underneath all the fun, I know that I likely won't be back here for at least a year and even then it will only be for a visit. Six months ago I had planned on living in Roxbury, I was excited about it. But life, like it often does, threw us a curve ball and a change of mind was needed. So back to Nova Scotia we go.


Our House, humble but it's home
 
Trillium - proof that spring does exist
Going to miss waking up to this view from our bed
Himself making a picnic table for the birthday party
In the end, I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason" and as a good friend said to me, this is the end of one chapter, but the beginning of another. So, Roxbury, this is not "Goodbye", it is "See You Later".
 
The Orange Cat was the first to use the table,
he is waiting for the move so he can be a Nova Scotia Cat
And just so you know that quilting is never far from my mind...I took the opportunity to stock up on some fabric while I can still take advantage of cheap shipping in the US. Thank goodness for Fat Quarter Shops super fast shipping.
 
 
I have finally bought myself some Aurifil, cannot wait to try it! And, I bought many meters of staples: Quilters Linen in Steel, Kona Nightfall and Ash. Buying new fabric dulls the pain. You know it's true.
 
Hope all is well in your little part of the world.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment