Friday 23 August 2013

Beach Cabins: A Finish

The eagle has landed. Beach Cabins reached it's new home in Ottawa and I have heard that her new family loves her :) So now I can share!


This quilt started with a couple of pieces of blue and red gingham that my client gave me. She wanted something "beachy" and then left me to my own devices. After adding some more reds, blues and grays to the Tilted Cabins Pattern (from From The Blue Chair), Beach Cabins was born, and if I do say so myself, I think this quilt fits the "Beachy" bill. So of course I took it to the beach for it's photo shoot.



This project marked the first time that I used the Quilt As You Go method of quilting, so I talked about it a lot! You can read the previous posts here and here. When this baby came out of the dryer all crinkly and soft I was so happy! 


I am not going to say how long it has been since I had a finish (so embarrassing), but it is all worth it to have one like this!

Linking up here because I actually have something to show for myself!



Happy weekend! I don't know what you will be doing, but I have big plans to work on the next finish!
Adrienne

Previous Posts related to this quilt:
Post 1
Post 2
Post 3

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful - love the staging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you varied the block with size and color. I've never staged a photo shoot--afraid of gtting the quilt dirty before it has been gifted or used...but i love seeing staged photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this one!! But you already knew that! The photos are fantastic... you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne, this quilt is so gorgeous and airy. Just the beachy feel you were looking for. I'm so glad to finally see the full reveal!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! It is beachy without being kitchy. I think you knocked it out of the park! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sure you mis-addressed this and it was meant to come to Massachusetts?! :) Stunning work! Truly, I saw this photo a couple of days ago and had that "I want one" feeling. I think the reason it works so well is that you turned all the blocks on point and really aired out the space--log cabins often read oppressive and crowded to me, but these are light as air. I also really like the different sizes of log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love the red and blue and the different blocks sizes too!! And love your cute tags too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning!! Great photo shots too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt and beautiful photography! You captured the soul of your quilt well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt, Adrienne. I love the red/white/blue combination, especially with the gray and aqua mixed in there. It has a very cottage-y feeling, and yet is very modern. Beautiful pictures too... Close to your home I am guessing. Which beach?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo I just bought this pattern and now I want to start cutting! But I should probably finish all the other quilts in progress first {pouts}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice quilt. It looks like you meant to link to the pattern (From The Blue Chair in the second paragraph) but you link back to this page instead. Is it possible to get a link to the pattern? Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice. Great tutorial, too! I've never tried that QAYG method. Your beach looks a lot like mine! I love your photo shoot on the cobbled shore!

    ReplyDelete