Wednesday 16 April 2014

Chicopee Plus Pillow: A Finish

I almost forgot to tell you about the pillow I made last week!


I was working on cutting my triangles for the Triangle QAL. Once they were cut I was being faithful to busting my scraps and ended up with a bunch of 2 1/2" squares.



This Denyse Schmidt fabric is so great I wanted to keep doing something with it. And then I remembered that I wanted to make a gift, so I layed out those squares and ended up with a Plus Pillow.



The pillow was gifted to Sarah at the April meeting of the MMQG. Sarah was a guest speaker who enlightened us to the opportunities around Social Media. Did you know that e-mail is becoming obsolete and that most people use You Tube as their main search engine? Who knew!!

When Sarah and I were planning to have her come to the meeting I knew that I wanted to give her something for coming. Our Guild has no money to speak of yet, but I was also thinking that as a Guild we are ultimately Makers. So I made her something. I think she was OK with it :)


Have you made any handmade gifts lately? Would love to hear about them!
Thanks for dropping in.
Adrienne

This week I am going to link up with My Quilt Infatuation, Pretty Bobbins and TGIFF!

17 comments:

  1. Great pillow! Annnnd it matches her shirt annnnd has my all time favourite fabric in it. Win-win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pattern! Also love the backing for the pillow. I finished a quilt that was a gift and made a knitting needle case as a gift to my sister. Always makes me feel good when you see the appreciation in someone's face when they receive a quilted gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pillow! Those colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful pillow! I'm sure she's going to love it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pillow and awesome scrap busting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pillow - did you know what she would be wearing when you set out to make her gift???

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a very lovely, and thoughtful gift-better than money!! Now, a plus quilt is on my list to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pillow! I just finished a Plus quilt for a baby gift and I loved making it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous. very nicely done. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pillow, the fabrics in there are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Plus designs are always great :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! Can never have enough of quilted pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great pillow! i would definitely be happy with that as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the plus pattern and it looks great in those prints!
    What a great idea to gift it to your guest speaker :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great! I am making a pouch for a little exchange I'm in. I made a cushion cover for a friends birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pillow! And now i want to make more +'s!
    Maybe a pillow for me is in order, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete