Lets work our way from back to front shall we? You may remember that back in January I set a lofty goal to finish five queens sized custom order quilts by March 31st. I did it!
After some machine mishaps, tender fingers from way too much basting, and the odd swear word and self loathing for taking on such a project I finished with five days to spare.
Here are a few shots of them on the line. Simple patchwork was the order of the day, and some minimal straight line quilting for the delicate fabric. Simple, simple, simple. I love it! And good news, my customer loved them too!
I ended up having enough flannel sheets in the pile to cover all of the backs. So the only new material included in the quilts is batting and binding.
I'm not going to lie, I was happy to see the tail end of these babies as they went to their forever homes. But I am glad that I had the opportunity to make them, as they will continue to pass on memories and hopefully make some new ones. Its fun to be a party of that.
Finishing this project was huge! It also meant on could move on to more projects... Stay tuned for more catching up!