Sunday 28 February 2016

Blogging and prezzies for friends

Social Media just reminded me that four years ago today I blogged for the very first time. Wow, where does the time go?! This blog started out as an electronic journal. It was taking the place of the binder that I kept pics of my finished quilts in. Over the years it grew in llinky parties, prizes, etc all the things we try to do to get readers. Its fun having readers! I love you guys! I have met so many great people here. Learned so much.


No, I am not stopping blogging, but I think I am going to pare down a lot. It will be once again more about a journal, where hopefully, when you have some time you may want to drop in and see what's up. Now I am still my crazy picture taking self so Instagram has really become one of my fave places to hang out. So if you'd like to stay in touch with me there come find me @adejklenck

So, anyway, on to quilts! I made this mini quilt this week as a gift for my bestie Barb. We celebrated her retirement this weekend and I felt she needed a little reminder to get in the sewing studio!

This is the Geometric Sewing Machine pattern from Quiet Play. I love her patterns and man I could paper piece all day long! For this special project I cut into my hoarded stack of Alison Glass Handcrafted. It's the Year of the Stash people! I am having fun using my stash.



Here is Barb and I at the party. I think she liked it :)


I really enjoyed making this little one. I think I am going to make one for myself as well. I am finding mini quilts a great way to display that precious fabric that I get nervous about never seeing again if I use it. Gulp!


How do you use those precious bits? Or are you still hoarding. Fess Up! There is no judgement here!
See you soon
Adrienne

This Project was on my Q1 Finishes List for the 2016 Finish-A-Long

11 comments:

  1. very cute! I have that pattern on my list to try. I use lots of scraps & bits english paper piecing. Oh and many are finding their way into my small world quilt too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wall hanging. Your friend is a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved this pattern from the first time I saw it! So tempting to add it to the list. Congrats on your 4 year blogoversary. And good job cutting into those hoarded bits. The Year of the Stash continues...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun piece, you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Such an awesome gift! I am definitely still hoarding the special fabrics....I use a small amount of that precious stash every once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely gift and a wonderful way to remind your friend, to spend time sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and makes a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I love love love my wall hanging. So lucky to have you in my life for so many reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling little quilt. Those fabrics are perfect for it. I'm going to do something with my smaller scraps soon - really - I am.

    ReplyDelete