Thursday 2 October 2014

All Around the World

Anyone else hear Sugar Ray in their head? Anyone? Anyone? No? Ok. I'm fine with being the only one currently obsessed with music from 1997.

Right. So likely you have been doing a lot of travel with all of the Around The World Blog Hop posts going on. It has really been fun to read all of the different perspectives to similar questions. And now it is my turn! I have been tagged by three bloggy friends to play along Julia from Jada's Quilting Adventures, Laura from Waffle Kisses, and Kim from Robot Mom Sews. I have to shout out to Julia and Laura because they both tagged me quite some time ago, and I just got too busy to get a post together. But anyway, let's get to the good stuff... give the kids what they want (as they say).

What am I working on?

Oh about a million things. Here is the current list. And it would appear that it is growing!
 
 
There are far too many "must dos" on this list, but I am looking forward to finishing this QAYG pillow

And making this lovely pile into a QAYG pillow sample for a Patch Halifax Workshop.


How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Um...I... um... nope. I got nothing. really I don't think my work is any different from anyone else. In fact most of my work is reproductions of others work. I mean, I see things I like, I buy the pattern and I make it. I am not a designer, pattern maker, improve doer. I am just a quilter who makes things she sees that are pretty (to her).


My most recent finish. Totally a pattern from Scrap Republic. And that's ok!

Why do I write/create what I do?

You know those great t-shirts from Patchwork Threads...well in their words: "I Quilt So I Don't Kill People". True story. I have a crazy day job and stitching is what I do to relax. It makes me feel good.

When it comes to writing...I am in my second year of blogging and I am still digging it. I am not sure that I am reaching the masses, but I do love to write about and take pictures of my sewing and quilting projects. This is really my creative journal and I invited a bunch of strangers to come read it. But the cool thing is that some of those folks aren't strangers anymore!

My favorite quilt from last year -  Foreign Currency

How does my writing/creative process work?

I really don't think I have a "process" (currently giggling to myself). Like I said, I see something I wanna make and I go ahead and do that. Picking out fabric is probably my biggest process. I like to open every stash bin I have, pull, pull, pull until I get what I am looking for. I usually make piles of different fabric options and they sit on the table for days. I walk in and out, off and on and look at them. Thinking. By day five or so I make my choice... other than that, I make a list of what I want to make, try to find a way to squirrel away money to buy the fabric, and I hit to rotary cutter!

My first little Improv Number
Well that's me, from my little bloggy corner in Porters Lake Nova Scotia. Now I think I will set off on more journey's... I would tag more people, but frankly everyone I know has already done this. I am clearly a slacker.

Happy Quilting!
Adrienne

PS - I hereby name this post my declaration of my A Lovely Year of Finishes Goal for October - namely that I will finish the QYAG Pillow Sample for Patch Halifax!
http://fiberofallsorts.blogspot.ca/p/2014-lovely-year-of-finishes.html

6 comments:

  1. ...statues crumble for me... yup, I heard it. But then again, our brains always did work that way! :) That's quite a WiP list... mine has gone missing in the studio move. Then again, I'm not looking that hard for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your improve quilt in the last picture - it is really beautiful!!! And I love your fabric picking process - sounds very similar to mine, especially the five days in and out of the room part - so me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Adrienne! I enjoyed getting to hear your story. I do love your work, and think you are excellent at what you do. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your list is growing :) I really feel that a quilter's list is never done. I had plans for certain quilts this year and I made so many other ones that we're not on my list. I guess that is how it will always work lol. Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!! I loved reading everyone of your answers! Can't wait to see all your finishes off your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrienne, your work is exquisite! Love seeing how you use such wonderful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete