Monday 13 October 2014

I Heart You QAYG

This little ditty comes to you from my sunny October deck amongst the colored leaves and the warm breeze. Seriously, this is my most favorite time of year. Ever. I mean the first snowfall comes pretty close, but I could sit out here forever! OK, enough about the weather, lets talk pillows. This week was all about pillows. Quilt As You Go Pillows to be exact.


First was this little beauty. This is a class sample for a QAYG pillow for winter classes at Patch Halifax. I can't wait to teach this one! People are really excited to learn this technique, and it is so nice to be able to piece and quilt at the same time! A time buster, and scrap buster too!
Completing this pillow is actually my A Lovely Year of Finishes Goal for October. Earliest goal finished ever!



Then I really needed to make a mate for this pillow from my couch!


So then there were two!


I am in love with these colors right now. I am calling these my Indian Summer Pillows.



I did make one more thing this week... this wee sunglasses pouch for the October MMQG swap!


Funny story about the little scrap prints in this project... As my students were working on their baby quilts they would be randomly throwing scraps (I mean gigantic pieces people, ok so maybe not gigantic, but definitely useable fabric scraps) into the garbage bins. I started going behind them and rescuing them from certain peril. I am fairy certain they thought that I was crazy, but I pointed out that someday, if their quilting journey continued, they would be as hungry for scraps as I am. Now I am not sure that they believe that, but you do right dear reader? You can't throw away perfectly good scraps!?

But seriously, I could make QAYG things forever. The stitching process never gets old for me, and they always look way harder than they are. Win win! Have you forayed into QAYG? Do you love it, or would you leave it?

Well I hear my parents pulling up the driveway. They are bringing turkey dinner to me! Who has the best parents ever? I do!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I hope you got to do some sewing this glorious weekend:)
Adrienne

Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday at She Can Quilt and Anything Goes Mondays at Stitch by Stitch

15 comments:

  1. Hey Adrienne! Happy Thanksgiving backatcha! I love your pillows! So simple but so effective. I haven't done any QAYG for a long time, but I would love to jazz up my living room with some pillows like these. Like I need another project....and OH I SO hear you about picking others' scraps out of bins! They too will be at our level one day....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love that sunglasses pouch. My glasses are in it right now waiting for tomorrow's sunshine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pillows! I'm sure your students will be amazed what they can make once you pass on your QAYG knowledge. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I really have to try a QAYG pattern! Maybe after Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At Sewing Summit last year I picked many scraps out of the garbage bins! Crazy people I tell ya lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One woman's trash is another one's scraps! Beautiful pillows - great fabric and pretty quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pillows. I don't mind QAYG on small projects but not sure I like them on a quilt. I haven't tried so not sure. I don't like scraps in the garbage either. I have been know to rescue a few myself - not sure how I will ever use them all but I do love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pillows and I'm with you on the scraps - just can't throw out mine or let anyone else do it! Thanks for joining up with Scraptastic Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lucky you! Turkey on wheels! I was almost as lucky, I just had to drive to my sister's! Love your QAYG pillows, and the colours are perfect for Indian Summer! I've done some QAYG, always want to do more, just need to find the time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd so love to learn this method. That first pillow is beautiful, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your scraps are serving you very well! Love what you're doing with them.:) That second pillow, esp. is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. QAYG never gets old! Thanks to you, I use QAYG too! great pillows, Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. I keep saying I'm going to try this....but where does the time go????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahaha! Was that little bird found in the trash? Oh no! I'm sure I did a lot of that when I first started.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet little sunglasses case,gotta love those little scraps! Your pillow is very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete