Friday 2 October 2015

A Special Friday Finish

It's Friday and I have a finish hot out of the dryer!

Last night I finished off the binding on my Charity Quilt for The Lodge that Gives, a complex that for more than 20 years has been a refuge for Nova Scotians travelling to Halifax for cancer treatment and appointments.



My sweet Maritime Modern Quilt Guild took on Charity quilting for the first time this year. All year we have been making and collecting HST blocks using a specific color palette. This past Saturday we met for our regular Sew In, and we focused our efforts on putting those HSTs together into twin sized tops, basting, quilting and binding. We had quite a time. I cannot say how much I love making with these amazing ladies.


Linda from Scrapmaster fame, Dena and Lesley, the Cuddle Quilter working away. Lesley came all the way from Cape Breton to sew with us. So great to meet her!

Betsy showing off her completed top. Great design! Betsy also came in from away, Annapolis Royal, to lend a hand. Such generosity in our group.
I was so excited by all that we had accomplished that day that I ran right home and threw a sample of the quilts we had on the go on the line to share with the world! Look at all of that goodness! So fun to see what designs came out...


Since Saturday I needed to get my contribution finished up, so last night binding was on the agenda. This morning I took her right from the dryer and back out to the line. Now we are in a middle of a two day (so far) rain storm here so no proper photo shoot, but I did get a wee break in the rain drops to get a couple half decent pics.


Of course - wavy line quilting treatment! Works every time :)




This is been a really fun and rewarding project to work on. We will have at least nine completed quilts to donate, but before they go to their forever homes they are going to go to our Second Annual Quilt Show at the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival. You should really come and see them in person, along with other amazing quilty works of our members. We will be in the Town Hall in Amherst on October 16th and 17th. Come say hi!

I hope you find some time for quilty fun this weekend. I am linking up today with TGIFF! and Fabric Frenzy Friday at Fortworth Studio.

Happy Friday!
Adrienne

15 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous! I love the text print fabric. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nine! Each one is amazing, and this one is no exception. You all did a wonderful thing, sewing together for such a worthy project. Love that wavy line quilting! Have a funderful, wonderful weekend. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Each quilt is gorgeous! How fun and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wavy lines are a hit. I chickened out from trying it on my latest quilt, but I want to try again, maybe on something smaller. If I could make it to a sew-in some time I would hit you up for some tips.

    Well done MMQG!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the printed fabrics and the wavy line quilting! All these quilts look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this quilt. The wavy quilting lines are so perfect, and the backing is a pleasant surprise, Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic quilt! So simple, yet bright and cheery and it really keeps your eyes moving around the quilt. How big is it finished?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful group of quilts! A perfect pattern for quick charity quilting & perfect for making each unique for the future owner. Well done -- all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finish! I love the colours and all the different layouts. These will be much appreciated quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job all of you! They look fantastic all lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great quilts. It's so cool how each one is different but they all came from the HST's. What a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love to see the variety of the patterns. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous colours - they look amazing together as a set! Love the idea of the ikea fabric with the solids.

    ReplyDelete