Tuesday 26 September 2017

On Point

Do you watch The Midnight Quilt Show with Angela Walters? I do! I love seeing how things are made in "real life" and I like that she drinks wine and eats chocolate while she does it. I may do that too, just saying.


On one episode she showed the On Point Quilt (you can download the pattern for free HERE). I really liked that this quilt looks like complicated triangles but it has a really neat processes that turns long tubes into triangles. I love time saving tricks. The other nice thing about this pattern is that it is Jelly Roll friendly. I happened to win a Jelly Roll recently so I was in!


I started making the quilt (with my sparkly new Jelly Roll) and realized it would be a great beginner quilt if we made it just a bit smaller into a baby size. So with some amazing Dear Stella fabric from Patch Halifax, I made this sample and am now teaching it to some budding quilters at Patch.


I do plan to go back to my Jelly Roll version, and will make it to the original pattern size (66 x 71). So stay tuned for that finish. I am using it as as sample at class so hope to have finished with my students!


You should totally check out this pattern if you want to learn a new trick for triangles.


Annnnnnd....believe it or not, I am now caught up on telling you about my quilty business from the last few months! Phew!

Of course I always have one or ten projects on the go, so don't go too far. I am sure there will be more of me here soon. Now that summer is winding down the itch to sew is even greater!
Adrienne

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this is SO pretty! The fabrics are gorgeous, and the pattern really sparkles. Thanks for the link to the pattern, I'm going to check that out. I must have missed that episode of the Midnight Quilt Show. Angela's sense of humor cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I'm itching to get the pattern and see how it all works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pattern is on my to-do list. I love watching the episodes. Good luck with the class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Midnight Quilt Show and this pattern is already on my to do list! I just have to find the perfect jelly roll for it (or maybe I should just use my stash and cut my own!!). I love your version of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrienne, it's GORGEOUS! I love watching her Midnight Quilt Shiw, but I have difficulty sitting still, and haven't viewed this one, yet. But I'll have a month of down time as I make my way to Tx for the winter, and plan on catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Service gui hang quoc te safe, convenient and quick time from 3 to 5 days

    ReplyDelete