Friday 21 March 2014

The Library Project QAL: March Report

It's time! Time to chat about our progress on our Library Projects. This month has been a good one for me. I actually finished the first project on my library list, the Summer Tracks Quilt, otherwise known as The Slasher.
This was from the Book City Quilts and I am completly taken with it, as I knew I would be. I already have fabric ready to go for another quilt out of the pages. I wonder when I will get to that one!

 I quilted this baby with variegated thread, which I love.

I am  still struggling with quilting on my machine, I am praying for the sewing machine gods to miraculously drop a Juki at my door. Lets all pray for that why don't we :)




All in all though, I love this quilt. It is prominent on the quilt rack in the living room, and I am going to have a hard time parting with it. My hubby even likes this one!





On other fronts, I have started my next project. I had a scrap busting couple of days that I talked about here, and this weekend at the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild Sew In I am going to start piecing Volume.


I am nervous about his quilt. Can't put my finger on why, but I am. Hopefully all will reveal itself once I get started.
Now it's your turn...how is your Library Project going? Tell me all about it in the Linky Party below. The Linky will stay open until April 4th when I will draw a random winner for this month's prize.

A $25 Gift Certificate from Mad About Patchwork! 
Cannot wait to see what you have going on!

The finish of my Summer Tracks Quilt was also my March goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes, so I am going to link this post up there as well! AND it's Friday and I have a finish here so Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts for TGIFF! AND with My Go-Go Life at SEWjo Saturday  (so may fun linky parties out there:)

Happy Friday! I hope you get lots of quality quilty time in this weekend.
Adrienne


15 comments:

  1. This turned out wonderful! Can't wait to see the next one coming together tomorrow! Maybe it feels weird because it is so improv style when most of your quilts are very linear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! I love the simple, bold design and all the solids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love your palette for your version, Adrienne. Fantastic finish.

    Oh, Volume looks exciting. Can't wait to see more on this. Maybe once you're into it a bit more the nervousness will go away? I believe you will make it yours and it will be beautiful!

    Happy 1st Day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, Adrienne! Love the colours you chose for yours. Are you able to get a walking foot for your machine? That would help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Excited to see Volume next! I'm sure it'll be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your slasher quilt turned out wonderfully. I love it in the cool colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors, Adrienne! And yes, yes - let's all bow our heads and pray... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Slasher turned out awesome! And i can not wait to see your Volume quilt start taking shape!
    If i pray for you to get a Juki will you pray for me to get one too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great finish! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it and can't wait to see your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors! A great finish. And I'll be the variegated thread adds the perfect pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where is the quilt VOLUME from? I love your fabric choices and would love to make one along with you...I have SO MUCH FABRIC and I just need to get started !!
    I love your finish on "slasher".....beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting all about your City Quilt. It was fun to go back and see all of your plans. I think you did a great job with it. I am currently trying to decide to do this one or another from that book. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete