Sunday 15 June 2014

Swapping Pincushions

Last week at the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild meeting we swapped pincushions.


This was really fun, albeit a little nerve wracking to make something for someone else. Especially another quilter! We had a whole Pinterest Board up for inspiration and yet, I wanted to just do my own thing. Something simple, but a nice big pincushion.


 
So I picked some fabric and raided my Selvage Jar. It was going to be simple, but I wanted to give someone some of my prized selvages. Why are they so hard to actually use?!



I was quite happy with how it turned out. It was a nice substantial size and weight. I filled it with crushed walnut shells. And before you are, because everyone does, I found them at a pet store.


I think Sandra was pleased with her pick. Purely by chance I picked the one she made. Look how cute!

 
I am having hands down the best fun with this guild. Besides pincushions, we are starting to work on our Guild Banner with some donated fabric from Robert Kauffman AND we are starting to plan for our very first Quilt Show, which will be on display at the 2014 Fibre Arts Festival this October in Amherst, Nova Scotia. Our Display will be at Festival Headquarters in Town hall! Can You believe it! We are on the Program and everything!
 
Photo Credit Linda Smith-  Scrapmaster

One last photo of Penny helping with my pincushion photo shoot. Now I must go do something guild-ee. You can do so much when you are inspired.


Adrienne

4 comments:

  1. The pincushion is gorgeous. Now I know where to find crushed walnut shells.......thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pincushion you made... And the one you got! :-). The Montreal MQG also made a banner this year. It was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MMGuild was a great find for me.... so glad to have stumbled on to it and actually get out to a meeting!
    Yours was a super cute pin cushion.... actually they all were! I guess I will have to find a jar and start saving selvages..... oh dear... something else to hoard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my pin cushion!! Can't wait for our next swap.

    ReplyDelete