Friday 20 June 2014

The Library Project QAL: June Report

I cannot believe how fast the months are going by. Can you imagine - we are six months into The Library Project!


June is here and I am pleased to say that I got a lot more done than last month! I have to admit I had to go back to my January post to see how many projects I picked for this little adventure. Five! Ambitious me. But, good news, this month's finish means I am almost half way there! That Volume Quilt is holding me back...hmmm...maybe next month :) But let's get back to it.


This month I tackled Quilt Improv: Incredible Quilts form Everyday Inspirations by Lucie Summers. This project is also my MQG Michael Miller Fabric Challenge Entry. The main fabric is Petal Pinwheels with some other Michael Miller goodies thrown in for fun.


This book is wonderful. The patterns leave lots of room for creativity, but also give enough direction for a beginner quilter. See the curves in there. First time I have sewn a curve since 1999. True Story.


I "bagged out" this project for a no-binding look (which I talked about here last week) and did some organic straight line quilting (organic because there is no straightness to speak of in here).


I must admit, I was not in Love with this quilt as the pieces moved to the design wall. But once it was quilted I was in love. It now has a permanent home on my studio wall. It is bright and happy. Just the thing for a sewing space.


On to the fun stuff. I think we should have a special celebration for the half-way mark. How about...

A $50 Gift Card from
http://www.madaboutpatchwork.com/
 
Yay! And it is easy to win - Simply link up your June report on your own Library Project by next Friday June 27th. I will pick a random winner from all of the link-ups.

Cannot wait to see how you have been making out this month. While I am waiting I might just head on over to Mad About Patchwork and do some shopping. Perhaps all of those extra Michael Miller fabrics might have come from Mad About Patchwork;) Pam is taking pre-orders on Cotton and Steel and have you checked out their Monday Mosaics? Curated bundles that are on sale each week. This week you can get Green as Grass for 20% off.


Time to link up. Show me what you got!
Adrienne

Ps. selfishly linking up to TGIFF! and Finish it up Friday because it's Friday and darn it I finished something!

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely color combo. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how great your curved pieces look! I need to get going on my curved pieces again. Mine came out all wonky...maybe I just need to go with it! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I like the fabric arrangement. Colors flow nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric additions! They really brighten up the challenge fabric. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This finish is definitely worth celebrating -- nothing selfish about that! I love your quilt, Adrienne! The straight-line quilting is fabulous on it too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome mini Ade! Your additional fabric's make this, and your quilting... perfect!
    I'm tempted to copy this entirely for myself... in AMH fabrics of course ;)
    Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and design. Stopping by from TGIFF. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Such a fun little quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no projects to link but WOW! I love your improv mini! It's gorgeous and the perfect inspiration for a sewing room. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to push your limits, Ade! Your MM challenge quilt turned out great.. I'm loving seeing what everyone is making from the fabrics. The variety is amazing. Though I am a little sad to see the Amy Butler stars disappear from the studio wall :) Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your MM Challenge quilt looks wonderful! Love it so much! You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your MQG fabric challenge finish, Adrienne! Those pretty Petal Pinwheel prints are perfect for improv. You have set them in their element! Lovely quilting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see your MQG fabric challenge! It's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this quilt! The colors, fabrics all of it. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is great. All the different challenge fabric quilts are working on getting me motivated to maybe finish mine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks amazing Adrienne! Great job on those curves :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job, Adrienne. I've changed direction with my MM challenge...we'll see where that brings me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not often a fan of improv but I am really taken with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adrienne, I LOVE your challenge quilt! I think this is my favorite that I've seen so far. It's delightfully improv but well balanced and just so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Challenge Quilt is awesome Adrienne! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a stunner. I love the way you did the quilting and your curved piecing is simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun, Fun, Fun! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete