Since I started blogging I have found a community, birthed a guild, become a teacher, and I can even make something now without a pattern! Becoming more confident with my sewing skills and sharing these skills with others has been a huge triumph for me. This blog started all of that. And you, my dear readers make all of this a ton of fun! I still get a thrill when a comment shows up after a post.
Before I get into the giveaway, I wanted to share my finished Mad About Patchwork Scrap Challenge that I talked about last week...String quilt success!
I had so much fun making this piece. Reflecting on it now I see some things I would change, but that is the fun part about learning right! Overall, I love it and it now lives on my office wall where I can enjoy it at the day job.
Many thanks to Rachel at Stitched in Color and Mad About Patchwork for this fun challenge. You can enter for a chance to win the same fabric bundle that I used for this challenge over at Stitched in Color this week so make sure to drop by and check it out.
OK, OK, back to the good stuff.
Congratulations to @twilight_leigh
To celebrate blogging and YOU I have a wee giveaway. I have been asking around about favorite notions and it turns out many of my favorites are yours too. So today's prize is a selection of my top five sewing notions...
1. Wonder Clips - the name says it all!
2. Rotary Cutters - we all love our rotary cutters. My favorite is the Olfa Splash, I love the quick release button for blade changes.
3. Rulers!!!! - everyone loves rulers and I have recently discovered the magic that is Olfa Frosted rulers. That little bit of grip makes cutting that much easier.
4. Seam Ripper - you love them, you hate them, but this Clover one is my favorite
5. Hera Marker - not on everyone's list, but it's on mine (and I love the Clover version) and I give them as gifts all the time, a great way to mark your quilt with no marks!
HOW TO WIN?
1. Leave a comment - any comment.
2. For another chance to win head over to my Instagram Page @chezzquilts make a comment and tag some friends for more chances to win.
The draw will close at midnight AST on Friday March 3rd
** this draw is open to the whole world!
Good luck and as always, thanks for visiting!