Sunday 5 January 2014

I Will Finish! another lofty goal

I have made a lot of quilty commitments this year. A lot. Let's sum up:
Maybe this is too many. Maybe. But I think I need to add one more. One more good one. So that all of the others can happen. I need motivation to keep those finishes happening because with the eight UFOs and six Library Project Picks, that makes fourteen - 14!- needed finishes. (holy lord people!)

http://fiberofallsorts.blogspot.ca/p/2014-lovely-year-of-finishes.html
So I am going to join Melissa from Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna at Fiber of All Sorts for A Lovely Year of Finishes. At the start of each month you linky party your finish goal for the month, and then at the end of the month you link up your finish. There are prizes and stuff too, but I am more interested in just keeping to the schedule!

Let's get started shall we? For January, my goal is to finish my Postage Stamps III Quilt. This is a commissioned quilt with a history and I would really like to get it to it's new happy home soon!


Today I pieced all 20 stamp blocks for the top so I am feeling confident that I will get this baby done by the end of the month.

Thanks for dropping in to witness more of my crazy-time goal setting. Be sure to check out the other entries in the goal setting link-up party.

Oh and since you are here - how are your New Year's goals coming? All set? Would love to hear of other crazy folks out there!
Adrienne

7 comments:

  1. I played along from June on last year and definitely noticed a difference in my ability to stay focused on finishing one project instead of jumping around willy nilly :) So I'm obviously joining in again this year!! I also have a second postage stamp quilt in the works this year. My youngest has requested a couch quilt just like her big sister :) How big are your stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted my second post for 2014 goals. Yes, it's going to be a busy year! A few of the projects are from books in my library, so I plan to come back to join in the library project quilt along fun to help me stay on track and to see what others are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with your goals. Look forward to seeing your progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can TOTALLY do it!! I don't really do well with goals so I didn't bother this year. ;) But it's good to see what everyone else is up to! I can't wait for the library project, I sat with my hoards of books last night picking and choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pssst... can I add another goal? Have fun while quilting! That's a big one, dontcha think? :) I do think this monthly motivator could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! I love the colors in your postage stamp quilt!

    ReplyDelete