Saturday 4 January 2014

Summer Wheels:: A Finish

Yesterday we had a good old fashioned blizzard here in Nova Scotia. It was awesome! Today dawned bright and sunny, albeit a tad frigid. But I was determined to show off my first finish for 2014. So I bundled up and headed out into the yard, where there is now enough snow to make most things picturesque:)
The wind made these types of shots not so great. Good thing my hubby is a good sport!
The Patchwork Wheel blocks, based on Don't Call Me Betsy's Tutorial were all made by my Global Scrap Bee Mates. I love putting a Bee quilt together. So much thought and dare I say sewing love goes into each block and when they come in the mail I am just tickled. I hope they all like this finish as much as I do.
Summer Wheels you say? Kind of a funny title for a quilt finished in the dead of winter. But this Palette was the inspiration for my bee mates to put their blocks together.

I definitely had summer in mind. But I think it will look as great at the beach as it does in the snow...

This quilt was all about showcasing some Quilting As You Go. For the blocks, I quilted circles, which I did a tutorial on here, and the sashing I quilted as well before joining everything together. After a wash, and the flannel on the back, it turned out nice and cozy crinkly.
I also tried a Zig Zag binding this time, I think I like it!
All in all, a good start to the year. Thank you again to all of the gals at the Global Scrap Bee. I love this quilt!
Adrienne 

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! These colours look amazing together. So pretty against the snow in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! It's cold here also in Southern Maine. Got about a foot of snow from the blizzard. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of your "summer" quilt in the snow. Nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is so fantastic and the photos are great with the snowy background. I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out awesome! Makes me eager to get to putting mine together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love! Such a great colour combination. awesome finish, Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful and I love the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it Adrienne! the colors are too fun!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is beautiful - I am happy to be a part of it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful and I'm sure will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic quilt! Love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks really lovely - so cheery and cosy and perfect for the wintery weather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks great, and I think you are right, summer or winter!! I love the great mix of bold bright colours with the soft subtle ones. No blizzard here in Saskatchewan, just -50 with the wind

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics of the quilt in the snow. Really makes the colours pop. A lovely quilt for sure. Cheers from New Brunswick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up at my Creative Inspiration party!

    ReplyDelete