Monday 27 January 2014

Piper Stars:: A Finish

A second finish for the year and it is not even February! Meet Piper Stars. A couple of weeks ago a friend asked for a quilt for a new Babe. Now, said friend lives in New York and I live in Nova Scotia. How do quilter and client connect to get the order just right?


It actually was pretty easy! Say what you want about social media, but by using facebook we were able to decide on pattern and fabric just by posting pictures in an album on facebook!

First, the pattern. I used Reverse Hopscotch from Vanessa at V and Co. and together we chose a bundle of Piper by Dear Stella. The good news, this fabric was in my stash! So the update on the Fabric Fasting is that I am still good, no weakness! I did have to by 3 meters of flannel for the pieced back, but that is ok with the rules :)


pieced backing, the cream is super soft flannel
 

I made a pieced binding and did simple straight line quilting to finish it off.

Now, here is the thing. For a Lovely Year of Finishes my January goal was to finish my other commission quilt - postage stamps...
Weeeelll, when I made that goal, I did not have this rush baby order. Sooooo, Postage Stamps moves to a February goal and Piper Stars is the winner for January! 

So, to make this post all official like, I am linking up with Rebecca for Fabriholics Anonymous since I am keeping to my fabric fasting goals, and with Shanna and Melissa for A Lovely Year of Finishes for the January Linky Party

How are your January goals going?
Adrienne


22 comments:

  1. That's a great finish, Adrienne. Love the pattern you agreed on, and the fabric is lovely. Not go do some postage stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt! Congrats on sticking to your fast. Those postage stamp squares are going to be a knock out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt. It was meant to be - having that fabric in your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' good, Ade! Those fabrics are lovely, but then again, isn't everything in your stash? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in the Piper Stars quilt! Beautiful finish!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun! Great color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the baby quilt, and I am sure the owner will to! I just love that reverse star pattern, really seen to add it to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those colors are so pretty, Adrienne! love it! and i don't blame you one bit for bumping the postage stamps!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! The colours are lovely with the white stars. I really like your pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Piper Stars and the purple triangles look like hearts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with BOTH of these gorgeous quilts! The photos are fabulous, and I can almost feel the luscious baby quilt. The quilting and binding are just the perfect finishes for it. I am really happy to see straight-line quilting that is not overly dense - a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt! I am particularly in love with the large piece on the back that looks like Queen Anne's Lace.
    How are things going with the Modern Quilt Guild? I've been offline for a most of Nov-Jan so am just catching up with life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I really like this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Simple patchwork squares and stars are my favorite. Great fabric choice too :) I'm done with my January goal--I just need to find a way to photograph it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out lovely! That pattern is on my very long list of quilts I would like to do some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful: the colours, the pattern, everything. Lucky you! You already had that wonderful fabric in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that quilt! And the postage stamp blocks are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love! I think Piper was my most favorite fabric line of all last year - I made doll quilts & bedding with it... and then snuck out and bought some extra for my stash ; )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful quilt! I am sure you will knock your February goal out of the park :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty quilt. Love the fabrics and design you chose and the pieced binding is fabulous! Congrats on making your January goal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Piper fabric collection by Dear Stella. I bought a whole bunch during year end sales. Love the quilt. Can't wait to use mine.

    ReplyDelete