Thursday 1 May 2014

ALYOF: May Goal

Another month, another goal. I am pretty proud of myself for sticking to this challenge of A Lovely Year of Finishes. I am a list person and ticking off a project every month makes me REALLY happy.

So this month's goal? I have a new baby niece on the way, and the little bundle will of course need a quilt. I have had a million ideas about design and fabric and could not seem to settle on anything. But today I just needed to sew so I picked fabric and started cutting!


This is actually a curated bundle from Mad About Patchwork. I think it perfect. It's soft without being too girly, and warm without being all brown.



I have picked a very simple design for this quilt. Not because I am lazy, although I did ask myself that, but because I just feel like something simple. I want to see the fabric in this one, I want it to shine. I bet tomorrow I will think another design is good, but tonight, simple it is.

I am going to keep the design under wraps for now, don't want to spoil the whole surprise. But my goal for May is to finish this flimsy for the new babe. (look, even the scraps are cool)


Are you playing along with ALYOF? What are you May goals?
Adrienne
http://fiberofallsorts.blogspot.ca/2014/05/may-lovely-year-of-finishes-goal.html

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this project! But no surprise since I love Meadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good selection of fabric. Looking forward to seeing your quilt. Is this design from a book? I'm very curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love list too Adrienne! Nothing like checking something off and feeling like you really did something. Now if I didn't have so many list maybe I could a little less crazy about checking things off. Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stack Ade! Can't wait to see it come together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh... another project for the Quilting Project Protection Program! Congratulations on being an auntie again! And the fabric's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric! ;) Can't wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete