Sunday 11 May 2014

Sunday Stashing

It's Sunday, there's fabric, I'm here telling you about it!

Last weekend it was actually sunny here in the never ending winter province of Nova Scotia. The girls and I took advantage and took a road trip to Mahone Bay on the South Shore. There just happened to be a Fabric Flea Market on hosted by the Mahone Bay Quilters Guild. We got there late so I think I missed some good deals, but I did pick up some Crazy for Dots from RJR Fabrics



More deliciousness added to the stash is this awesome bundle of Rain Essential by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics. Have I told you how much I love Art Gallery Fabrics? Well, I do, they are so silky and lovely  to work with. This bundle was actually a win from a giveaway at Pile O' Fabric. Thank you Alyssa!!!


If you are part of the Modern Quilt Guild you are likely participating in their most recent Michael Miller Fabric Challenge using Petal Pinwheels. We at the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild are, and I needed some fabric to add to the project (you can add other Michael Miller fabric), so off I went to Mad About Patchwork for a little shopping therapy. All for a good cause of course.

Just My Type in Letterpress Grey; Wee Wander in With The Birds in Sea, Domino Dot in White, Helen's Garden in Parterre in Aqua and Domino Dot in Starfruit 
I think I have a great pull now with a couple of other lovelies pulled form my stash


Not fabric related, I also had a couple of other items join the sewing studio. My mom just came back from the US and she brought me a couple of bobbin holders, and some batting! Batting is sooooo expensive in Canada so I usually bulk buy from the states when there are good sales. Some day I would like to buy a bolt, but storage may be an issue:


on a side note, see how messy the thread is on those bobbins, clearly my machine is having an issue

So, a very good time is  had in the stash this week. Now to sew some of this stuff up! Must. Get. Working. On. My. Fabric. Challenge. Project.

I hope you get some time to sew this weekend!

Linking up with Sunday Stash which is being hosted this week over at Sewing by Moonlight.

5 comments:

  1. Tons of good stuff here! I've been wanting the domino dots for a while now and I love my bobbin keeper :) Can't wait to see what you do for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I am a new follower from BC!
    A few months ago I bought a bolt of batting on sale from Joann's, online. They finally ship to Canada! Anyway, just so you know, the batting was a super great price, but shipping took almost a month! Still, for the price it was worth the wait. It comes packaged in a clear heavyweight plastic bag and I will try to reuse the bag for storing purposes, once I open this beast!!!!
    Nice to see a blogger in a place I have fond memories of, from family vacations in the past.
    Jacqueline in Pitt Meadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is ALL good stuff! Congrats on the great fabric finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going through my stash...always makes me happy to glance at the pretty fabrics I bought at one time or another. Out of curiosity, what batting are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo...all those lovely, lovely dots! I was fortunate enough to get a bolt of batting last year. I hope you can find the storage space for it; it's so much nice to use since I don't have to smooth out folds in it.

    ReplyDelete