Wednesday 21 May 2014

Stand Back I'm Doing It

I am entering the Blogger's Quilt Festival!


I love this festival! Amy from Amy's Creative Side does an amazing job coordinating the festival, showcasing the art of the on line quilting community. I have entered before, but it is always a bit nerve wracking. There are so many talented quilters out there, it can be a tad scary to put your skills out there to compare. But what have I got to lose? I say nothing! AND I love this quilt.


From City Quilts, this pattern is called City Tracks. But I call my finished bit Summer Tracks a.k.a. The Slasher. Making this quilt took a lot out of me. Mostly the tip of my finger that got in the line of fire of the rotary cutter during the creation of this beauty.


Three month's later, my finger is definitely on the mend (even typing with it right now) and this quilt is keeping me happy company in my sewing studio.


So, there it is, I am entering The Slasher into the Modern category. If you haven't already, hop on over and check out all of the entries. But get out the bib, because there will be drooling!

Press on the Button to go to the Festival!

http://amyscreativeside.com/2014/05/16/bloggers-quilt-festival-modern-quilts/

Thanks for dropping in!
Adrienne

15 comments:

  1. it's a great quilt Adrienne and deserves to be shown off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great combination of colours and a fresh design. Well done for entering it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt and love that you entered it into the festival. I'm hoping the next time around I will have my schedule figured out enough to enter a quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a striking quilt, and I love how you photographed it. It deserves to be in the festival-well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping by from BQF, great lines and colour choices, glad to hear your finger's well on them mend too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you entered your Slasher. It is a wonderful quilt. A real winner. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard people say that they've put their blood and sweat into a quilt, but it's not supposed to be literal. I'm glad your fingers are on the mend. Good for you, for entering Slasher. It is hard to put your work "out there" but this is a great quilt and I'm sure it will do well. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sewing is dangerous, isn't it? Glad you are on the mend. The quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work - your colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you've entered this quilt! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my faves of yours! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is scary entering but glad you did, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous quilt, great colours. I have a terrible fear of cutting off my finger with a rotary cutter!

    ReplyDelete