Thursday 15 May 2014

The Library Project QAL: May Report

It's time for the May update on The Library Project QAL


Now, I am fairly certain that a Quilt Along means that you actually quilt...right? Well I have to admit that I have missed the boat as they say this month. Sewing time has been sparse, to non existent and my WiPs are piling up (which I talked about earlier this week).

About the only thing that I have accomplished is to gather the fabric for my improv project from Quilt Improv, which will also be my Michael Miller Challenge piece.


So of course I have big plans over the next weeks to get back on track, but I also think that a down month is ok. This Quilt Along is a year long event. More of a Quilt Marathon, than a sprint! Slow and steady!

Now how have you been doing? Gangbusters, stand still, increments of greatness? Can't wait to read and find out.

Of course, regardless of my progress, there must be prizes! With this month's linky party I have a prize to offer from my very own Library. As I was pawing through the shelves I could not decide on which one book to offer to you, my special QAL sista's. So I am going to show you a few and the winner gets to pick the one they want! Here are your choices...Kaffe Fassett or Amy Butler, which will it be?





Regardless of our progress, I am glad you have chosen to come on this journey with me. Just writing this post inspires me to run upstairs to the sewing room and get crackin'.

Now off you go, get linking! The link will be open for a week and I will draw a winner next Friday.
Adrienne

6 comments:

  1. Love the fabric choices for the Michael Miller Challenge. Gotta add that to this week-end's prodcutivity list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, is it that time of the month again, times flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A down month is required sometimes. We are all so busy and get so tired but when you least expect it, inspiration will strike and you will be off to the races!
    What a great prize this month. My two faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh standstill. I'm trying to be kind to myself as we figure out our new schedules but I miss regular time at my machine :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress is made with each step forward. From your post, sounds like you had many steps this month :) Beautiful fabrics for your Michael Miller Challenge. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been doing much sewing this month, but I'm going to get back on track. I linked up even though I worked on a non-Library Project quilt -- didn't realize until I had almost all the blocks done. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete