Wednesday 7 November 2012

WIP Wednesday

Reporting in from the Catskills today. It is a grey day, and I am missing the sunshine. But on the quilting front I finished my Postage Stamp top today! Yahoo!


I'll tell you what, the hardest part of this design is the time it took to lay out the 100 squares in each block. Not hard work, but time consuming. Once that was done it went together fairly quickly. I was going to do a 3x3 layout so that the finished square echoed the stamp block, but once I got going I went 3x4 and now it is  a nice size lap quilt. Now I will just have to decide how to quilt it. I am open to suggestions :)

My helper for this project was Penny, our tabby. I have to put a picture in here since she helps at every step of the process.


Well, I will have to wait until I get back to my batting stash in Ottawa to quilt this baby, but no worries, I have more fabric with me so I can start something new! Oh and I have bee blocks to catch up on. Guess WIP Wednesday continues!

What are you working on this week?
Adrienne

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty postage stamp quilt! And 100 squares per block? Wow- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is really lovely. Hope you find the perfect quilting inspiration for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am thinking some way lines in the negative space for some contrast...

    ReplyDelete