Friday 26 December 2014

Boxing Day TGIFF!

It is the final TGIFF! of 2014. Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts is hosting this big event and I have one last finish to show for the year...Lucky number thirteen, my version of the Charm Pack Cherry Quilt made using Lush Uptown.


I think this quilt pattern is a great representation of taking something simple and traditional and making it modern and fresh. Simple nine patches are cut up and stitched back together. How easy is that!

 

On the back I used the coveted Ikea Britten Nummer fabric. Almost out of my stash of this goodness :( Man that fabric is awesome. So sad it is discontinued.



This quilt was my final quilty gift for Christmas and now is living with my parents. I think they like it!



Now, the only question is...what shall I make as my first project for 2015?!


Obligatory fur baby helper shot...

Happy Boxing day!
Adrienne

6 comments:

  1. Your parents must be thrilled! This is a gorgeous quilt - love the aqua and orange combo. And the backing and quilting are perfect. Congrats on this lucky 13th finish of the year! Looking forward to seeing what wonderful creations the New Year will bring. 2015 is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, with the exception of the paint dots, this line didn't really do it for me...until I saw what you did with it. Fabulous, Adrienne! Your parents are very lucky! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous - I love the colour combination of the orange and aqua, it's one of my favourites, and the backing fabric suits it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love love your quilt. I'm with you on IKEA's fabric with writing. We should all bombard IKEA with requests to bring the fabric back .... like you I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background is such a pretty color. Yes, I really like this pattern. I have about 7 yds of that Ikea fabric, and don't want to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that blue background - CPC is one of my favourite patterns and this looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete