Thursday 16 July 2015

A Destash Treasure and A Challenge

So just last night I wrote about destashing and my eveing at the MMQG Desatsh Yardsale. Not soon after the post hit the web-waves my guild mates reminded me that I forgot one other piece of fabric that I took home that night...the ducks


Yes my friends, that is a duck fabric panel. We had a lot (like pee your pants alot) of laughs over this little gem. But I think I felt the ducks were being dissed, they needed some love. So I vowed to take it it, give it a home and turn it into something.... Mock me if you will but it will be amazing. Well it will be something...

So this post is for my guild mates - especially Dominuqe The Running Thimble, whose house this came from!
Can't you just wait to see what it will become?

Adrienne

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this. I'm glad you are able to give it more love than I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me 'pee my pants' laugh, well...almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing this on the guild's post about the sale! I was wondering who went home with it! I'm interested to see what magic you work with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of Dominique's blog! I only use email to follow,which is how I keep up with this blog and several others, but I can't find that option, or any way of contacting her through her blog. Perhaps she'll see this comment. I'm not a blogger myself. Good luck with the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in suspense wondering what this will become....

    Between Dominique's notes on her de-stash treasures and your decision to take this panel, I had some much needed laughs that evening. Yay for MMQG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are up for this challenge! Can't wait to see how you modernize these little ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting challenge... will be watching and waiting to see what this becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe I was in the same room and missed all the ducky goings-on! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I know what I would do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please form a duck gang and mount that bad boy on the back of a denim jacket!!!!! Maybe rip the sleeves off?

    I'll join!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm crazy for your ducks!
    If it were me, I would treat it like a piece of fabric -- not cut out the ducks. I'm eager to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete