Wednesday 25 January 2017

HELLO my name is Grateful

Three years ago I founded the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild and since that time have acted as President. A role which has taken me on an amazing adventure. An adventure which lead me to find a community. A community of creative, supportive, fun and loving people.


This month marked my last presidential duties as I passed the crown on to the amazing Crystal (@halifaxmom on IG). How emotional was I as I passed the Tiara and our Guild Banner on? I cried!  Now I am a crier people, anyone who knows me knows I am always good for a cry, happy or sad!

But what made me even more emotional was the surprise of this amazing quilt!

Twenty five members of the guild participated in making this most special gift, all in secret of course! I have to send special thanks to my friends Linda and Amanda for organizing all the work. I have goosebumps again just thinking of the stitchy love that went into this quilt.

The quilt features all of the colors from our guild logo and has tons of special touches like the piped binding that Amanda did, the organic straight line quilting by Linda, and look at all the fabric from everyone's stashes! I like looking at every block :)

The back - it gets even better - see the big sail boat!!!! Thanks Karen for doing the piecing on that baby. Of course it is the MMQG logo and it means so much to me to have that pieced into the quilt.


Right down to the label (thank you Beth!), absolutely everything about this quilt makes my heart sing.
I think I am out of words to describe these first three years of MMQG, but I know this...

I have learned, loved, laughed and cried and I can't wait for more!
Thank you
Adrienne

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed being a part of this wonderful project so much. A great big quilty hug to you, my friend. You are my people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also very grateful for having met you and joined the MMQG under your very special leadership. I was thrilled to be able to participate in your wonderful quilt. So glad you love it. Thank you for everything you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Adrienne! Such a sweet post. My eyes are welled up in tears. The back of the quilt is just as beautiful as the front. I'm glad you are so pleased. I haven't had the opportunity of spending a great deal of time in your company, but I knew I had met someone special the first time we met. Congratulations on founding such a special group and on three years of service as president. I know it kept you very busy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift. It looks like all your work for this guild was really appreciated by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked the quilt. I love that we kept a secret from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your beautiful, loving gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful quilt the members made. You did an amazing job of starting this guild. From all I've seen and read this guild is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful tribute! That is a quilt to be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely - what a brilliant gift! You deserve it for all the work and love your put into your guild!

    ReplyDelete