Friday 14 June 2013

Rain vs. triangles: you decide

It's raining. It's cold. It's dark. I mean come on! Nearly the end of June and I am kind of not friends with mother nature anymore. I needed something to brighten my day. Carnaby Street and Triangles. Let the sunshine in!

 
 

Yeah yeah, my rows are numbered. Why do we have to be so precise to get a scrappy look?!


Another bright thing for today. It's time for this weeks stops on the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop. I cannot tell you how much fun I am having on this hop. You should check out this weeks posters

 
Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
Adrianne @ On The Windy Side
Valerie @ Between Quilts
 
Something else to consider before I go. While I was outside taking triangle pictures, I noticed that even rainy yards can be beautiful.





Just for fun I am linking up today for Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict since I finally got started on my triangle rows. Can I get a whoop whoop!


Happy Friday!
Adrienne

12 comments:

  1. Loving your triangles! Can't wait for the finished top! And your rain drop pics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! my plan is to finish the top this weekend...fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  2. Triangle quilts are some of my favorites, especially scrappy ones. It is funny how we have to line everything up to look scrappy, otherwise I feel like I get a big blob of one color! Really like all of the text fabrics, great job Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole. I am in the middle of a move, but knew I could not be without a quilty project while I was waiting for my "stuff" to arrive at my new house. I made a temp design wall, layed out all of the triangles to get that perfect "scrappy" look and then carefully took them all down in order, labelled and packed for the road trip to another province. Amazing the things we do to feed our habits :)

      Delete
  3. I literally JUST finished posting about having done my first equilateral triangles this week. I've been imagining the possibilities since then--yours is shaping up to be gorgeous! I love the mix of the bright graphic Carnaby Street with Architextures and that memoir print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura - I saw your post and thought it was great. I did my first traingle quilt about ten years ago, I still use it everyday and love it. I haven't done one since then, and I have no idea why, the shape makes me so happy. can I just say, sewing with Carnaby Street - Like silk!

      Delete
  4. Yes, you can get a whoop whoop!! That's going to be a beautiful quilt!! Bright and sunshiney! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh pretty! I really need to try triangles sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just my two cents, when I look at your rows before you sew the rows together I see no seam allowance at the top of each triangle... When you sew them together you should have a point and above that , there should be your seam allowance. Perhaps the seam allowance where you sewed the triangles together is not exact? If they are not, and all the rows are already sewn then let it go... It will be beautiful once you are done... Great PICS...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your two cents are right on the money! Thank goodness for everyone's advice on this post. Next triangle quilt will be perfection :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete