Sunday 29 September 2013

Stamps for Melanie: A Finish

A bit of a marathon session last night, a major sleep in to defeat a headache, some binding, and Stamps for Melanie is all done!



After I left the bridge I questioned the decision to hang Stamps on it, dangling over the rushing water.  Meh, I got the shot I wanted!


I bound and backed with Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut Groovy.  All of the fabrics in the stamps are from Fresh Cut and Amy Butler Belle

This bridge is just up the road from the house that I grew up in. When the tide was low, and the rocks more exposed we would spend the afternoon jumping all around them, looking for the little whirlpools to dip our feet in. Man it was cold!






So this baby only needs a label and then it is good to go to it's new mama!

Oh, and lest you think I made up the name of this blog...proof that Chezzetcook does exist

I hope you are enjoying a beautiful Fall day in your neck of the woods on this Sunday.
Adrienne

11 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and great photo-op!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt and brilliant photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love it. I'm so happy:-) A new coverlet for my bed made by a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Adrienne, both the quilt and all of your photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chezzetcook! Love the stamps quilt, Adrienne... And the photo's are gorgeous! I enjoyed hearing about your history with the the photo shoot location. Sounds like a fun time! Melanie is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, the shot with the suns rays shining is amazing. What a very pretty quilt. Looks like you had lots of fun on your picture field trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photographs for a gorgeous quilt! Although my jaw dropped when I saw that you posted two days in a row :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilty photo shoot!! I love the stamp quilt! And so cool to see your hometown!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin all of the bright fabrics, it turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this quilt from the very first pics, and the finished product is simply gorgeous!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous quilt, Adrienne, and you definitely have an eye for finding fabulous locations for photo shoots!

    ReplyDelete